Translate

Thursday 9 May 2013

Hollyhocks and butterflies


Hello, hello, hello on this windy morning, but at least the garden is beginning to bear fruit and I have made some Rhubarb and Ginger Jam and the flowers are starting to bud .

I decided this morning to try something new after a busy week and play with my purchase of a few months ago in Dubai of all places (where I've found a couple of craft shops at last!)....a Donna Downey Mask called Hollyhocks. 

Well where does the time go....

I've spent most of this morning 'playing' with the mask using different colouring techniques never having used one before I don't think this will be my last mask and I decided I liked the end result of this one enough to enter it in for this weeks challenge at LiM which is a Colour Challenge - choose TWO opposite colours from the Colour Wheel

 I added a tiny bright orange butterfly (highlighted in glossy accents) to my deep blue hollyhocks which I trimmed to size....my final picture not the mask I hasten to add .......and backed onto card which I printed from the Colour Collection in Boutique Blue by PP.   The verse is one of a series I love and use over and over again they are also from PP 'Simple Sentiments'.

2 comments:

  1. Those flowers look truly amazing... simply beautiful!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card-love your flowers :)
    You have made some gorgeous cards-i am coming back later for a little peep around your Blog xx
    Thank you for the lovely comment on my little Blog-i really appreciate it :)
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete