Translate

Thursday 14 June 2012

Ribbons and Lace....

...that's the challenge over on Ribbon Girl this month so I thought I would try something new and different using my sewing machine instead of glues and tapes.  and this is the result of some machine sewing over pretty pink seam binding and pink and Ivory button twine twisted together all on a lace net background and resulting in some rather different flowers. I used a straight stitch on the ribbons and a small zig zag stitch over the twine.  The centre of the large flowere is button twine circled round and around and held down with some small zig zag stitches.  Now I'm off to visit a new to me centre in the countryside on this lovely sunny day and fingers crossed there'll be a craft shop too...not that I would dream of buying anything lol ! x

No comments:

Post a Comment